5 Beauty Tips Every Woman Should Know
The road to feeling (and looking) your best doesn’t have to be paved in complicated routines or an array of expensive skin care products. In this article, we lay out 5 essential beauty secrets that will help you achieve the radiant, healthy look you desire. Do your skin a big favor by adopting these tips. Let’s get started!
Layer Products Properly
Maximize the effectiveness of your products through proper layering. With layering, you can apply a serum with targeted ingredients (such as anti-wrinkle) and seal it with a moisturizer. For example, retinol penetrates the skin better and with less irritation when paired with a moisturizer.
Here are some general guidelines to layering:
- Exfoliate your skin / take up dermaplaning before layering products. Using a cost effective and reputable hair removal tool like the Hollywood Browzer would work perfectly for this
- After exfoliating and cleansing, apply the lightest serums first. Serums are usually the thinnest of the layers. They also efficiently deliver active ingredients like salicylic acid or antioxidants like Vitamin C to the
- Apply heavier products like oils and moisturizers next to seal in the serum and boost the
- If applying oils, add them last as oils can penetrate moisturizers to tackle dry areas.
- Gently massage skin to aid circulation as you apply
- Wait a few minutes in between layers to ensure products are seeping into the skin.
- While there is no set number of layers you should have in your skin care routine, three layers are enough to benefit your skin and ensure products are fully absorbed.
Your Nighttime Routine Matters
Your bedtime skincare routine might be more important than you realize. Certain ingredients like retinol can make your skin more sensitive if exposed to the sun. By applying your favorite serums at night, you are also allowing more time for the products to deeply penetrate and moisturize your skin.
Don’t Skip The Sunscreen
Simply applying sunscreen everyday can greatly benefit your skin and your health. One of the major culprits in premature aging is sun damage. Just a few minutes of exposure each day can cause damage over the years.
Dark spots, fine lines and discoloration start to appear on your skin as you move past the age of 30. Apply SPF 15 or higher sunscreen daily for protection
Moisturize Your Skin
Think of a moisturizer as an important foundation for your skin care routine. Moisturizers work by trapping or adding more water to the skin. They soothe the skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles.
If you often forego moisturizing your skin, the recurrence of dry skin can lead to chronic inflammation. That inflammation can go on to break down collagen and age your skin.
Schedule A Dermaplaning Appointment
This last beauty secret is used by celebrities to give them glowing skin. No, it’s not just genetics, lighting or makeup. The secret is dermaplaning.
Dermaplaning is a chemical-free exfoliation technique that involves gently scraping peach fuzz and dead skin off the skin. This process leaves the skin dewy, fresh and smooth. Makeup goes smoother with the facial hair removed. Laser treatments, serums and chemical peels penetrate more deeply.
Best of all, you can get beautiful skin without harsh chemicals. Get more information on dermaplaning and other great beauty tips, check out Beauty tips!
Putting on makeup is an art. Quite like the way each brush stroke matters in a painting, simply changing your lipstick’s shade can transform your whole look from “adorable teen idol” to “gothic chic”! The case with the “no-makeup” makeup trend is no different. There is definitely a balance to be struck when aiming to...Read more
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and there’s no doubt that this year will be different than year’s past. That doesn’t mean your Galentine’s Day has to be a dud, though! Coined by Amy Poehler’s character, Leslie Knope, in Parks and Recreation, Galentine’s Day is celebrated on the day before Valentine’s Day. Instead of...Read more
With the start of another year, it’s time again to set out some goals and resolutions for the coming months. While travelling or trying out new restaurants won’t be an option anytime soon, another formidable goal is to improve your skincare routine! By making your skin and self-care a priority, you will look and feel...Read more