5 Beauty Tips Every Woman Should Know
The road to feeling (and looking) your best doesn’t have to be paved in complicated routines or an array of expensive skin care products. In this article, we lay out 5 essential beauty secrets that will help you achieve the radiant, healthy look you desire. Do your skin a big favor by adopting these tips. Let’s get started!
Layer Products Properly
Maximize the effectiveness of your products through proper layering. With layering, you can apply a serum with targeted ingredients (such as anti-wrinkle) and seal it with a moisturizer. For example, retinol penetrates the skin better and with less irritation when paired with a moisturizer.
Here are some general guidelines to layering:
- Exfoliate your skin / take up dermaplaning before layering products. Using a cost effective and reputable hair removal tool like the Hollywood Browzer would work perfectly for this
- After exfoliating and cleansing, apply the lightest serums first. Serums are usually the thinnest of the layers. They also efficiently deliver active ingredients like salicylic acid or antioxidants like Vitamin C to the
- Apply heavier products like oils and moisturizers next to seal in the serum and boost the
- If applying oils, add them last as oils can penetrate moisturizers to tackle dry areas.
- Gently massage skin to aid circulation as you apply
- Wait a few minutes in between layers to ensure products are seeping into the skin.
- While there is no set number of layers you should have in your skin care routine, three layers are enough to benefit your skin and ensure products are fully absorbed.
Your Nighttime Routine Matters
Your bedtime skincare routine might be more important than you realize. Certain ingredients like retinol can make your skin more sensitive if exposed to the sun. By applying your favorite serums at night, you are also allowing more time for the products to deeply penetrate and moisturize your skin.
Don’t Skip The Sunscreen
Simply applying sunscreen everyday can greatly benefit your skin and your health. One of the major culprits in premature aging is sun damage. Just a few minutes of exposure each day can cause damage over the years.
Dark spots, fine lines and discoloration start to appear on your skin as you move past the age of 30. Apply SPF 15 or higher sunscreen daily for protection
Moisturize Your Skin
Think of a moisturizer as an important foundation for your skin care routine. Moisturizers work by trapping or adding more water to the skin. They soothe the skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles.
If you often forego moisturizing your skin, the recurrence of dry skin can lead to chronic inflammation. That inflammation can go on to break down collagen and age your skin.
Schedule A Dermaplaning Appointment
This last beauty secret is used by celebrities to give them glowing skin. No, it’s not just genetics, lighting or makeup. The secret is dermaplaning.
Dermaplaning is a chemical-free exfoliation technique that involves gently scraping peach fuzz and dead skin off the skin. This process leaves the skin dewy, fresh and smooth. Makeup goes smoother with the facial hair removed. Laser treatments, serums and chemical peels penetrate more deeply.
Best of all, you can get beautiful skin without harsh chemicals. Get more information on dermaplaning and other great beauty tips, check out Beauty tips!
Gifting season is here! In the last few years online shopping has been the main focus of everyone’s gifting plans. Right now it will be even bigger for obvious lockdown reasons, so get ready to grab your presents early! You wouldn’t want your favorites, that you have been eyeing for so long, to be sold...Read more
We all love Halloween. Any excuse to go overboard with our makeup looks and go in sugar overload? Sign us up! This year’s Halloween night will be different than usual for obvious Covid-related restrictions. This doesn’t mean that we won’t share Instagram pics of our looks and do Zoom Halloween parties. You can opt for...Read more
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and here at Hollywood Browzer Beauty we take this cause very seriously. That’s why we are partnering with the Pink Ribbon Foundation, a grant making trust that supports charities for people that either suffer from or have been affected by breast cancer, while also focusing on breast cancer research...Read more